Landscape Architecture at the Warsaw University of Life Sciences is the oldest in Poland and one of the first higher education centers for landscape architects in Europe *.
*ECLAS Guidance on Landscape Architecture Education, Tuning Landscape Architecture Education in Europe, Version 26, 2010.
Welcome at the Department of Landscape Architecture
Department of Landscape Architecture (Polish abbreviation KAK) derives from the Unit of Landscape Architecture and Parks’ Expertise founded in 1930 by professor Franciszek Krzywda–Polkowski.
Head of department:
dr eng. Marzena Suchocka
Experienced academic staff of landscape architects:
- 4 associate professors
- 10 assistant professors
- 1 assistant
- 1 PhD student
- 1 administration
Main fields of research:
- Design methods and techniques
- Environmental studies for landscape and spatial planning
- Legal bases for landscape planning and design
- Construction and maintenance methods for urban and open landscape
- Historic gardens and landscape studies, preservation and revalorization concepts and methods
At the Department of Landscape Architecture there are 2 specialisations (studying profiles) at the second degree of studies (M.Sc.):
- landscape design and planning
- landscape construction and maintenance
Education program adapted to contemporary trends and market requirements.
DEPARTMENT OF LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE
ul. Nowoursynowska 159 (Building 37, 3rd floor)
02-776 Warsaw, POLAND
tel. +48 (22) 59-321-91